Honey has always been considered a natural product associated with homemade flu recipes and also seen as a much healthier substitute for refined sugar. However, the consumption of food like conventional honey bought in supermarkets and pharmacies is not equivalent to the use of quality organic honey.
According to the expert on organic agriculture Thiago Tadeu Campos, due to the development of agriculture and beekeeping, various types of antibiotics have been developed, including for bees. Thus ensuring quality in production (a more significant number of healthy working bees), as well as in the final product: Honey.
The Harm Of Non-Organic Honey And Antibiotic Use
However, the use of such antibiotics directly affects the integrity of the product. Even traces of chemicals used in the production of honey exports from China, one of the significant honey exporters before its ban, already found due to these antibiotics. The biggest problem is that long-term ingestion of non-organic honey can carry the risk of diseases such as cancer or even aplastic anemia caused by insufficient production of white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets in the bone marrow.
Advantages Of This Honey
Organic honey production is being encouraged in large-scale agriculture to avoid harm. Therefore, like all organic foods, the production of honey is possible in the most natural way, and the final product must be certified appropriately using the qualification seal. For this, bees should not have contact with chemically altered antibiotics, flowers, and also nectar. Even the water used by the bees goes through rigorous analysis.
All these precautions are necessary since honey is produced within the bee organism. Besides, among other measures, to prevent the insect from synthesizing chemicals, the flora must be preserved within three thousand meters of the boxes where honey is produced.
Characteristics Of Organic Honey
Organic honey has the characteristics of ordinary honey. Besides, it has B-complex vitamins in its components, that tends to increase the potential for calcium fixation in the body, and also has mineral salts, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory properties. All of these characteristics are intensified as they are free of any chemical alteration.
- Virgin forest within 3 km of the hives;
- And its production is possible near farms that receive pesticides and fertilizers.
- Follows the European certification standards;
- Sold even without Brazilian certification, homemade, and irregular.
- Does not accept chemical interference at any stage of production;
- It may contain traces of antibiotics and also products placed on crops visited by bees.
- Collected at a specific temperature to preserve the essential properties of honey;
- And also collected in different ways without a particular pattern.
Long Term Consumption
- It contains the exclusive benefits of honey, such as boosting the immune system, body detoxification, and antibiotic properties.
- If consumed in large quantities and also in the long term, it can cause cancer or aplastic anemia.
Organic Honey And Your Health
Honey consumption is essential for a healthy life. The Brazilian, in comparison to European citizens, consumes a low amount of honey. It is because it has its custom and habit to consume sugar, which derives from the cane.
Frequent use of organic foods increases the quality of meals. Although the use of pesticides, fertilizers, pesticides, and antibiotics still has an economic advantage for the end consumer, organic honey is healthier, guarantees the consumer a product free of any chemical interference. And also delivers all the properties of honey in its purest state without human interventions.