Beekeeping has been an essential practice for beekeepers’ livelihood. The method of beekeeping is necessary to produce honey, pollen, royal jelly, beeswax, and bee venom. These items are very useful in day to day life. For instance, honey acts as a natural sweetener. Royal jelly is a sweet dish that is a special served dish on many occasions. Beeswax produced from beekeeping can manufacture soaps and various hair care products. Pollens can cure multiple allergies, which might take forever to cure with regular treatment. With these many advantages, beekeeping has become a widely used practice. In this article, we will be talking about the importance of beekeeping training and the process of beekeeping.
Importance of Beekeeping Training
Various beekeeping training programs are being conducted to train people for beekeeping. Beekeeping training is essential, which we will be discussing further.
#1 Beekeeping Equipment
- Beekeeping requires proper use of equipment such as a beehive, clothing for protective, extracting equipment, and smoker. These types of equipment might be challenging to use for the very first time. Beekeeping training programs train people to use these beekeeping types of equipment.
#2 Beekeeping Safety
- Bee can sting you. Getting the bee sting is one of the most common while practicing beekeeping. Many people have allergies to the bee sting, though you will be immune to poison. These beekeeping training programs aim to teach the safe method of beekeeping to prevent threats like getting bee sting.
#3 Beekeeping Training Programs
- These training programs help you gain information related to beekeeping. One should make sure that they do not harvest honey during the first year of beekeeping. It is so because during the very first year, bees are making their house, so they need to eat their honey for the very first year. Giving information is during the beginning of the training.
#4 Beekeeping Cleaning
- Removal of mess. Apart from harvesting the honey, removal of the mess by the bee is also necessary. Bees when they fly out in search of food leaves defecate back, which needs to be cleaned timely. Removal of these messes requires proper training, which is provided in these training programs.
The Process Of Beekeeping
The process of beekeeping involves:
- The very first step is to beekeeping is buying bees.
- The next step is setting up a beehive. It would help if you chose between Langstroth hive and top-bar hive. The Langstroth hive has boxes stacked upon each other while a top-bar colony has horizontally arranged bees frames.
- After that, you need to buy beekeeping supplies. After you have set up your beehive system, you need to purchase beekeeping supplies. Beekeeping supplies include- protective clothing, feeding supplies, and smoker.
- The next step is to introduce your bees to the beehive. You need to keep your bees in the beehive system, which you have set up.
Bees will do the work, and do not require a considerable time investment; only a little care would work. Lastly, you need to sit back and watch bees to do the work.